Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Bombing Al-Jazeera

Weird when the news starts to resemble a prequel of the movies. I just got through showing Jehane Noujaim's amazing doc Control Room in class, and now this. So, Georgie wasn't content to ignore the news he didn't like to hear, he contemplated bombing the messenger. The predictable reactions to stories like the Post's and the NYT's is indignation about how preposterous an idea it is. But watch the movie, and you see that on the same day, headquarters of two Arab channels were bombed, plus the Palestine hotel where so many journalists crash. Anybody not ready to believe the worst about this administration is not paying attention.

1 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting...

Oh, I thought maybe that was a standard comment form I had to follow for this post, but it looks like I can say whatever I want. I guess it might come in handy, though, if anyone ever asks you what your blog is like. You can simply reply, "inquisitive." It's like your blog itself is a being searching for knowledge.

February 1, 2006 at 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home