Monday, March 20, 2006

cool:

http://www.graffitigames2006.com/

I realized recently that my reader (or are there 2 of you by now?) must have wondered from time to time where the cult has gone-- this log tends to read more like "policrit." Not that we need to re-crayon in the line between politics and culture more heavily, but... I guess the thing that most quickly motivates me to write a letter to the editor (dubious activity which this log is designed to divert energy from... less embarrassing) is our dear administration, so policrit it has been.

Still, I am all about culture, man! So here, let me direct you to the latest formalization of graffiti anarchy: the Melbourne games. This is a step better than the graffiti video game, imho. But curiously, I only learned about it from a somewhat reactionary site and my host-mate, that was complaining about the graffiti games and their stated aim to create a "total tolerance zone."

So it appears that, still lacking a satisfying public sphere in which to find all the flashes of danger I need, the best way to discover cool stuff is to look for right-leaning rants and follow their finger-pointing links.

Oh, or just find out about what's hilarious and cool from Marike (here's the latest thing she surfed on to and told me I had to see. I did. You do, too).

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

A quick response: this won't be as funny if you're not a knitter, but have a look at
http://youknitwhat.blogspot.com/

March 20, 2006 at 10:56 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

I guess I'm one of your loyal readers, even when there isn't anything new to read. Thumbs up to Marike for that fugulous site.

March 21, 2006 at 6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home